Jewelry Care Guide
PVD Plated Jewelry
What is PVD plating?
PVD (Physical Vapour Deposition) plating is a modern, high-end technique for plating metals with a layer of precious metal. This plating technique is much more durable than regular plating, which means you can enjoy your PVD plated pieces for a much longer time, especially with the right care. In short, these are some of the advantages of PVD plated jewelry:
- Water resistant
- Does not fade when exposed to sunlight
- More resistant to scratching
- No environmental pollution - regular plating releases cyanide into the environment, PVD plating does not.
PVD plated jewery is much more durable than regular plated jewelry, but it's not indestructible. Give your pieces a little love and care to enjoy them for a long time.
- Store your jewelry in a soft, lint-free or plastic pouch, or a lined jewelry box.
- Keep away from moisture and chemicals, and apply cosmetics before putting on your jewelry.
- Take off your pieces before washing your hands, showering, swimming, excercising or going to bed.
- Avoid scratching - keep your jewelry away from hard or abrasive surfaces.
- When cleaning your jewelry, rinse with some lukewarm water and dry immediately with a soft, lint-free cloth. Don't soak in water.